This guide will tell you all the days when banks will be closed in Australia in 2023. If you’re planning a trip or an event, you want to make sure you know the holidays so you won’t be surprised. We’ll make it easy for you to understand and enjoyable to read. Make yourself comfortable with some coffee and let’s begin!
Banking holidays in Australia in 2023
Let’s learn about when banks will be closed for holidays in Australia in 2023. There are some holidays that everyone in the country celebrates, but some holidays are only celebrated in certain places. This is a list of days when banks in Australia will be closed in 2023.
- New Year’s Day – Sunday, January 1st (observed on Monday, January 2nd)
- Australia Day – Thursday, January 26th
- Good Friday – Friday, April 7th
- Easter Saturday – Saturday, April 8th (only observed in some states)
- Easter Sunday – Sunday, April 9th (only observed in some states)
- Easter Monday – Monday, April 10th
- ANZAC Day – Tuesday, April 25th
- Queen’s Birthday – Monday, June 12th (only observed in some states)
- Christmas Day – Monday, December 25th
- Boxing Day – Tuesday, December 26th
Keep in mind that certain states and areas have extra days off that are just for people who live there. For instance, in Western Australia, people celebrate the Queen’s Birthday on Monday, September 25th, instead of June 12th. You need to find out the correct dates and holidays for your state or territory.
What should I do if I need to do banking on a holiday?
If you have to do banking on a holiday, there are still choices for you to choose from so no need to worry. Lots of banks have internet and phone banking that you can use all the time, even on special days. These services can help you see how much money you have, move money between accounts, pay bills, and do other things. You may still be able to take out cash and do simple transactions at some ATMs, even on holidays. It’s best to do your banking before the holiday to avoid problems.
Here it is, our complete guide to when banks will be closed for holidays in Australia in 2023! We hope this article has given you the information you need to plan ahead and make sure you’re not caught off guard by any unexpected closures. It’s a good idea to know about bank holidays and plan for them in advance. Have fun planning and enjoy your vacation!
Q: What is a banking holiday?
A: A banking holiday is a day when banks and financial institutions are closed and do not provide any banking services.
Q: How many banking holidays are there in Australia in 2023?
A: There are 10 banking holidays in Australia in 2023, including New Year’s Day, Australia Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday, ANZAC Day, Queen’s Birthday, Christmas Day, and Boxing Day. Some states and territories may also have additional holidays specific to their region.
Q: Can I still do banking on a holiday?
A: While bank branches and physical locations may be closed on holidays, many banks offer online and mobile banking services that are available 24/7. Some ATMs may also still be available for basic transactions. However, it’s always a good idea to plan ahead and complete any necessary banking tasks before the holiday if possible.
- Is Australia Post Travel Insurance a Reliable Choice?
- Part-Time Minimum Wage in Australia
- NZ Citizens in Australia: Benefits
- How to Obtain Australian Citizenship for New Zealanders
- Converting to an Australian Driving License
- Public Holidays Australia: https://www.australia.gov.au/about-australia/special-dates-and-events/public-holidays
- Reserve Bank of Australia: https://www.rba.gov.au/schedules-events/bank-holidays/
- Australian Banking Association: https://www.ausbanking.org.au/industry-priorities/bank-holiday-schedule/