Are you planning to visit Vietnam from Australia but unsure about the visa requirements and process? Don’t worry, mate! In this blog post, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know to obtain a Vietnam visa from Australia.
Table of Contents
Let’s get started with some basic information.
Do You Need a Visa to Visit Vietnam?
Yes, you need a visa to enter Vietnam as an Australian citizen, regardless of the purpose of your visit or the length of your stay. However, if you’re a dual citizen of Vietnam and Australia, you might be exempt from the visa requirement. In that case, you should consult with the Vietnamese embassy or consulate in Australia to confirm your eligibility.
Types of Vietnam Visas
There are two main types of Vietnam visas for Australian passport holders:
- E-Visa: An electronic visa that you can apply for online and receive by email. It’s valid for 30 days and allows a single entry to Vietnam. You must apply for an e-visa at least 3 business days before your arrival in Vietnam.
- Visa On Arrival (VOA): A visa that you can obtain upon arrival at one of Vietnam’s international airports, including Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, and Da Nang. You must apply for a VOA online before your departure from Australia and obtain an approval letter, which you’ll present to the immigration officer at the airport. A VOA is valid for 30 days and allows a single entry to Vietnam.
Note that if you plan to enter Vietnam by land or sea, you must apply for a visa at the Vietnamese embassy or consulate in Australia.
How to Apply for a Vietnam E-Visa
To apply for a Vietnam e-visa from Australia, you’ll need to follow these steps:
- Visit the Vietnam e-Visa Application Website
Visit the official website of the Vietnamese government for e-visa applications: https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/web/guest/trang-chu-ttdt.
- Fill in Your Personal Information
Fill in the online application form with your personal details, including your full name, passport number, date of birth, gender, nationality, and contact information.
- Upload Your Passport Photo and Passport Scan
Upload a recent passport-style photograph of yourself and a scan of the information page of your passport.
- Pay the Application Fee
Pay the application fee using a credit card or debit card. The fee for a Vietnam e-visa is currently USD 25, which is non-refundable.
- Receive Your E-Visa by Email
Wait for 3 business days to receive your e-visa by email. Make sure to print out a copy of your e-visa and bring it with you to Vietnam.
How to Apply for a Vietnam Visa On Arrival
To apply for a Vietnam visa on arrival from Australia, you’ll need to follow these steps:
- Fill in the Online Application Form
Fill in the online application form on the website of a reputable Vietnam visa agency, such as Vietnam-visa.com or MyVietnamVisa.com. Provide your personal information, travel details, and payment information.
- Receive Your Approval Letter by Email
Wait for 2-3 business days to receive your approval letter by email. Print out a copy of your approval letter and bring it with you to Vietnam.
- Prepare the Required Documents
Prepare the required documents for your visa on arrival application, including your passport (with at least 6 months validity and two blank pages), two passport photos (4cm x 6cm), and the approval letter.
- Obtain Your Visa Upon Arrival
Upon arrival at one of Vietnam’s international airports, present your passport, passport photos, approval letter, and visa stamp fee (USD 25 for a single-entry visa or USD 50 for a multiple-entry visa) to the immigration officer at the visa on arrival counter. The officer will verify your information, stamp your visa, and allow you to enter Vietnam.
Tips for Applying for a Vietnam Visa from Australia
Here are some tips to help you navigate the visa application process smoothly:
- Apply for your visa well in advance of your trip to Vietnam to avoid any last-minute issues or delays.
- Make sure your passport is valid for at least 6 months beyond the date of your arrival in Vietnam.
- Check the entry and exit requirements for Vietnam and make sure you have all the necessary documents and vaccinations.
- Use a reputable visa agency or website to apply for a visa on arrival to avoid scams or frauds.
- Familiarize yourself with the visa regulations and fees before you apply to avoid any surprises or hidden costs.
Obtaining a Vietnam visa from Australia is a straightforward process, whether you choose to apply for an e-visa or a visa on arrival. By following the steps and tips outlined in this guide, you can easily obtain a Vietnam visa and enjoy your trip to this beautiful country. So, pack your bags and get ready to experience the charm, culture, and beauty of Vietnam!
Popular on Life Tips
- Why the U.S. Can’t Quit Tipping
- How to Negotiate Tree Removal
- UAP vs. UFO: What’s the Real Difference?
- Starting Your Own Plumbing Business Without Being a Plumber
- Best Credit Cards for First Timers in Australia